Parenting A Child With A Disability
Parenting is rewarding, yet can be challenging at times. Parenting a child with additional support needs can also place extra strain on the family. Parents and carers of children with a disability can call our counsellors for support with a wide range of concerns.
Parenting a child that has additional needs can be stressful and challenging. Parenting a child with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) can also bring additional challenges. A child with Autism Spectrum...
While school holidays are a welcome break from the busyness of school routines, there is never a break from being a parent. If you have a child with disability, there may be additional challenges...
Some of the main concerns parents and carers of children with a disability call our counsellors for support are:
- Support coping and understanding your child’s recent diagnosis of disability
- Helping you find Early Childhood Intervention services and supports
- Accessing supports that enable you to parent more effectively
- Finding the right supports for your child at different developmental stages
- Techniques to manage stress and anxiety
- Support to navigate the NDIS and understand your child’s NDIS Plan
Parent Line is funded by the NSW Government through The Department of Communities and Justice. Parent Line is proudly managed by CatholicCare.
Parent Line acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and the traditional custodians of the lands where we live, learn and work.