The Child and Adolescent Sexual Assault Program provides therapeutic intervention and casework support to children and adolescents up to 18 years who have been sexually assaulted and their non-offending family members and/or carers. The program primarily provides services to children residing in the Local Government Areas of Leichhardt, Canada Bay, Marrickville, Burwood, and Ashfield.
The program provides interventions for children following sexual assault where a report has been made to the DOCS Helpline. Interventions can include the following:
- Assessment, therapy and supportive counselling
- Support for children & adolescents involved in court proceedings
- Provision of protective behaviours education
- Casework support including assistance to access relevant support services and liaison with services and practitioners
- Support and education to non-offending family members
- Support groups for children or their parents/family members
- Protective Behaviours Education
Counselling rooms are located at CatholicCare Enmore, although support is also provided in other community venues and schools where appropriate.
Looking after yourself during court
A booklet for taking care of yourself during the court process is also available for download.
Contact: 1300 723 878