The service provides a flexible model of respite within a community setting. Clients are allocated a financial package, then Clients and Carers can choose when to have their respite and what to do with their respite hours as long as choices are within their package. Respite can be provided one-on-one or with other Clients on weekdays, weeknights or weekends. A Community Support Worker can:
- Stay with the Client in a Client’s home while the carer goes out.
- Take the client out in the community for a recreational / social activity e.g. movies, bowling.
- Take a group of Clients with the same interest to the same recreational / social activity e.g. speedway, bowling.
The aim of the service is to give primary carers a break from their caring role as well as providing supported recreation and leisure options to the child or young person with a disability.
Entry Criteria for Eligible Referrals:
- Has a disability.
- For Inner West Sydney (IWS) Program, lives in the Local Government Areas of Canterbury, Marrickville, Leichhardt, Burwood, Strathfield, Canada Bay or Ashfield.
- For South West Sydney (SWS) Program, lives in the Local Government Areas of Campbelltown, Camden, Wollondilly, Bankstown, Liverpool or Fairfield.
- Lives with their Carer.
- Is aware of the initial referral and wants to access the Service.
- Has needs that can be met by the resources available within the Service.
For further information please contact:
(02) 8709 9333
||(02) 8700 3390|
||PO Box 3127 Bankstown Centro 2200|
To download the brochure click here